Cleaning Connect - Huge Overcharge, Booked Us When We Were Not Available: Awful!
Cleaning Connect seems to us to be a scheme for auto-charging a small business' credit card as rapidly as possible, then declaring requests for redress "SOLVED" when the scammer, cleaningconnect.com, decides.
Chatted online with their initial service rep, Tanya or Tasha I believe. Noted that they claimed to charge a one-time 35% fee with a 100% guarantee if the business was not booked and completed. This seemed a tad steep for a simple bird-dog lead (that is, simply connecting customer and provider) but the money-back guarantee gave us confidence to give it a try. We became free members and after a week submitted the following analysis and request for refund. (see http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1870/june262012cleaningconne.jpg)
Their response to our ticket was to mark it SOLVED and to point us to a hitherto unaccessible page on their website saying that they charge much higher percentages than the 35% flat claimed by their chat person.
They claimed that the money back guarantee did not apply to bids: you (and all competitors also bidding) are paying for the privilege of receiving contact information. For this privilege you may well be charged as high as 350% of the potential (but not even remotely guaranteed) fee.
Cleaning Connect gives far too broad territories to viably bid: the territory that was the closest match for us stretched over an area requiring 2+ hours to drive across. This travel time is deadly in the low margin commercial cleaning business, and nearly as bad in the residential cleaning business.
Cleaning Connect will book you with clients even though you have not given them authority to do so, and in fact are not even available at the times they book you. This causes lost business, upset customers, tarnishing of goodwill. But dont worry-- you won't get your money back, because the 100% money back guarantee means that you are 100% guaranteed they won't admit error and will not give your money back. Ta-da!
They will also book you for appointments you can't afford to keep-- like the gem for $56 for a job that is an hour's drive away. Too bad for you.
They drained our credit card, charging us $1303.76 on a best-case scenario earning of $1925.60. 76% commission. Even worse, we actually collected less than $700 since several of the appointments were either cancelled, booked when we were already booked with other bookings (non-Cleaning Connect) and/or were simply bids which generated no business.
If someone were to call Cleaning Connect a calculated operation in fraud, theft, and falsehood I couldn't imagine what their defense would be.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Connect Service
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I worked for Leaffilter North of Michigan. As a ritual every morning the Operations Manager (Rick Mosby) and the installation Manager would sit down and try to figure out..."
- "I bought a new home. Knowing the 3 bedrooms would need carpet, I planned weeks in advance and found the perfect carpet: Mohawk Soft DeCor, English Pewter color. ..."
- "I was very disappointed with this company. We had a main water line break which we could only hear and not see so it was required for us to hire..."
- "I bought a new Keystone Fuzion Toy hauler trailer in mid 2009 for approx $60000.00 and had the unit diamond coated to protect the decals and the finish and decals...."
- "Hi there, I just want to start off saying I have bought a few things from covergirl. Mostly eyes shadows not mascaras... I bought your mascara yesterday called flamed out...."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."